Black mold can be present in your home when there is high humidity. Mold thrives in damp places and can also cause damage to your home is left long enough. The big question is, can black mold be deadly? That question is, yes. With prolonged exposure, black mold can cause organ failure resulting in death. As bad as black mold sounds, it is easy to get rid of in most cases. Hot water with bleach will usually do the trick. You can also call an expert to get it removed for more excessive black mold problems.